OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All three bottles will be ready for mortar tomorrow. My middle son Stefan wanted to help. The big bottle is his.

20200710_192847.jpg 20200710_192915.jpg 20200710_192925.jpg 1594427801761152037937611878449.jpg

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking I'll do this in my aquarium, except I've got 6 feet of territory to cover lol I think I'm going to go to a thrift store with my sisters (they love thrifting) to fond some cool old beer bottles.
God bless!
The thicker the better. The first page I attached Paul's article. Its worth a read even if it's for his sense of humor.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking I'll do this in my aquarium, except I've got 6 feet of territory to cover lol I think I'm going to go to a thrift store with my sisters (they love thrifting) to fond some cool old beer bottles.
God bless!
As @sfin52 said do a build thread!!! That’d be so cool to see bottles tucked in a six foot scene! And God bless you also :)

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Marshall Islands for all most 2 years and yes all kinds trash on the shores and in the ocean. Thats why when I got the coke bottle I knew one day it would find it's way to the bottom of my tank.

My next tank might get one of Dan Aykroyd's cyrstal skull's, one problem its full of vodka. That might not be one it could do its self vodka dosing?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My mom collects sea glass from the beach. I recently added tons of pieces of various colors including pieces from a bottle. I love the naturally smoothed down pieces as they are less likely to cut my fish.
good note..not a bad idea guys,foam sanding sponge on edges,careful ;)

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good note..not a bad idea guys,foam sanding sponge on edges,careful ;)
Today it's going to be sanded and mortar added. It's a must to sand. Safety glasses is also need or me be on oprah with glass in the eyes. @BZOFIQ will be watching because he likes oprah.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You knew I would interject at some point, I see the idea but would never do this in my tank!

... unless it was a broken rum bottle! ;)
The third one is a whiskey bottle I think
*edit*
Its is D'usse cognac bottle.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do mine, I'm going to try and find the weirdest bottles I can, so stuff like exotic rum bottles are not off the table. ;)
I just really want it to look... Old. So I'll try to find some old fashioned coke bottles and stuff like that. I don't want to have much of any clear glass, I feel it would take much longer to look settled, so I'll be looking for colored glass (wine bottles and such) as they may look a bit better overall. Colored would also allow fish to hide within them, which is a big plus for me.
Anybody know of some weird looking bottles I should keep an eye out for? I'd like to formulate a list of what to generally get before I go shopping cluelessly lol.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do mine, I'm going to try and find the weirdest bottles I can, so stuff like exotic rum bottles are not off the table. ;)
I just really want it to look... Old. So I'll try to find some old fashioned coke bottles and stuff like that. I don't want to have much of any clear glass, I feel it would take much longer to look settled, so I'll be looking for colored glass (wine bottles and such) as they may look a bit better overall. Colored would also allow fish to hide within them, which is a big plus for me.
Anybody know of some weird looking bottles I should keep an eye out for? I'd like to formulate a list of what to generally get before I go shopping cluelessly lol.
That's what the mortar is going to be for. I thought about mixing coraline in a bottle with the mortar mix

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back