Glass critter ID

ScaredGoat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
36
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these? Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • glass.mp4
    1.6 MB
Those are some type of flatworm. They look like ghost or aceol flatworms but the video is pretty far away; as I’d imagine it was to get to focus on those. The main ones we see that are troublesome are red planaria. But have both those common names to go off you can probably ID yourself.
 
This looks like a ghost flatworm to me but I am not sure if they grow long like in the video.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260616_212256.jpg
    IMG_20260616_212256.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 20
That particular individual was not the most perfect example 😅 but I rewatched your clip and tried to zoom. They definitely don’t look like red planaria so you’re safe on that front. They look like the typical nonchalant brown/rust color. They might bloom and die off but I don’t think the majority of people ever see them again due to complete die off. They’re easy to vacuum out with airline if you wish.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new