Glass lid

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
Have a new tank all cycled and ready to until I put my new glass lid on! The handle eon't stick with its 2way tape so what can I use? A l so, settings for my lights? Thank you so much!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superglue is your friend, just make sure that both the glass and handle is clean and dry.

As for your lights, that's absolutely impossible to assist you with as you haven't taken the time to tell us what lights you have- and what livestock you plan to care for! :p

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superglue is your friend, just make sure that both the glass and handle is clean and dry.

As for your lights, that's absolutely impossible to assist you with as you haven't taken the time to tell us what lights you have- and what livestock you plan to care for! :p
Thank you for your quick reply! I have nicrew LED saltwater lights and they are pre-programmed however you can change the program easily. I am planning on shrimp, some mild-mannered fish, and softies corals(athelia, gsp, duncans,zenia)hammers I f those lights are good enough.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your quick reply! I have nicrew LED saltwater lights and they are pre-programmed however you can change the program easily. I am planning on shrimp, some mild-mannered fish, and softies corals(athelia, gsp, duncans,zenia)hammers I f those lights are good enough.
Do a bit of research in to the lighting requirements for the livestock you want to keep. The corals you mention above requires moderate water flow and low to moderate lighting (PAR 120-250).

It is not possible to correctly measure without a PAR meter. Most LFS's rent them out for a small fee for you to adjust your lights accordingly.

There are several guides online on how to adjust your LED lights. Here's an example from BRS.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember one thing though, it's easier to bleach your coral from lighting them too much and damage them from not giving enough light.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A glass cover will get covered in condensation and salt spray so you'll end up loosing a lot of light with a glass cover. I used to runs glass tops on my 180g but pulled them a couple of years ago. I run 3 tanks open top now. But I don't have kids to toss stuff in the tank or pets that like to jump on stuff. Also I don't have fish that are prone to jumping. Just mentioning it because glass tops on reef tanks are a pain. I prefer mesh tops if I do need a lid.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back