Glass tank with scratch on the inside

BuddyBonButt

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2022
Messages
758
Reaction score
299
Location
North America
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do? Can I do something? No idea where this scratch came from, its on the inside. But its super noticeable. No livestock just bacteria. I'm absolutely FUMING! This tank is less than a month old. It's hard to see but dead center. It's there. About 4 inches long.

Tank is glass
 
What can I do? Can I do something? No idea where this scratch came from, its on the inside. But its super noticeable. No livestock just bacteria. I'm absolutely FUMING! This tank is less than a month old. It's hard to see but dead center. It's there. About 4 inches long.

Tank is glass
Can you partially empty and turn the tank around?

Getting scratches out of glass is really difficult even in a normal picture frame.
 
All depends on the scratch as others have said and you run the risk of creating a haze/warp. I got a great deal on my current setup but it has some bad scratches along the top of the tank. I put hours and hours into to trying to buff and polish them out, for the amount of time the results were minimal if any. Not worth the effort imop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new