Glass Tanks

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, reef fam. We purchased this used tank, and after the water cleared, we could see this clear smug inside the tank. I reached out to a glass aquarium manufacturer, and they would not help because I did not purchase the tank from them. I sent the manufacturer a message, and they have yet to respond; from a reputable company, but I will not give their name out. Can someone help? This is not the only section.

1673317101663.png

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is this way but its removing everything to clean idk if thats possible or not

OP
OP
ShepherdReefer

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages
Joe is always willing to help even if you did not buy from his company. Great Guy!
I reached out to Glass Cages, they would not help. Suggest to call the tank manufacturer. I do like glass cages, back in the day, I set up a 400 gallon for a client, we got the tank from them.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video; thanks for sharing. We have a few corals and many fish in the tank.
Theres absolutely ZERO way for you to get that clean and clear with the tank running. you will have to take the tank down to do anything to the glass. sorry, but thats the reality of it.

OP
OP
ShepherdReefer

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres absolutely ZERO way for you to get that clean and clear with the tank running. you will have to take the tank down to do anything to the glass. sorry, but thats the reality of it.
Hello there, Glass Munky; that is what I have been reading about. I was hoping I could without removing everything in the tank.

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful that whatever you do doesn't make a bigger problem. It is just a small blemish as is, I'd be very careful with doing anything to it that will make it even more noticeable. I run into that a lot for things I'd wished I'd just let be...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back