Glass Thickness for a Peacock Mantis Shrimp

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure that most shrimps can't damage the average aquarium unless they are quite large. Whille they are quite the hunters I would not be to concerned about glass thickness. If you are concerned you might consider an acrylic aquarium as they are 6-10 times more impact resistant than glass.

Upvote 0

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I were you/or worried, I would just put acrylic on the bottom of the tank. Mantis shrimp break tanks when trying to dig. Having Said that, take it with a grain of salt. I’m never seen my peacock mantis hit the glass of the tank or the bottom tank. But they (internet) do say a mantis can dig and hit in the same spot over and over again to dig further, and possibly break the bottom of the tank.

Upvote 0

OneInchPunch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Peacock Bruce is in a glass tank with 10mm glass although his old tank was 8mm. To be honest I could count on one hand the number of times I've seen him strike the glass.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ChandlerTingle

ChandlerTingle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I were you/or worried, I would just put acrylic on the bottom of the tank. Mantis shrimp break tanks when trying to dig. Having Said that, take it with a grain of salt. I’m never seen my peacock mantis hit the glass of the tank or the bottom tank. But they (internet) do say a mantis can dig and hit in the same spot over and over again to dig further, and possibly break the bottom of the tank.
Even with a PVC Pipe as a burrow?

Upvote 0
Back