Glasscages and overflow cover

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m waiting on my tank. I have ordered/it came with an overflow cover. Sadly I have no idea what that looks like.

I am wondering if I need to run schedule 80 inside the overflow box or if the cover will cover it? Purely for aesthetics. I have a side overflow and don’t want me/people to be able to see the white plumbing in it but if it has a true black lid, there’s no reason I can see to bother with schedule 80.

thanks,

OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t want to bother them but thank you.

I’m also confused on how I’m supposed to run the return loc lines

I have 3, 1.5” bulkheads in the overflow. A Return, a drain, and an e-drain. Not sure if I should run the loc line up and over the overflow weir wall or what- kind of makes the cover difficult to use I think (no clue what it looks like).

I think we are 2-3 weeks off from delivery and everything takes a week to get delivered so I’m trying to order now. Realizing I may have made a mistake by not having a notch cut out for the loc-line returns.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Joe is always willing to help and advise along the way... :)

OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @fishguy242, I am always available to help.

@srobertb, sorry you are having these feelings. Here to help give me a call 404-434-3444. Let's talk your thoughts through and get on the fun side of things.
No worries! I’m excited! Problems are part of the fun. It just dawned on me I have no idea what the “overflow cover” looks like so I was hoping someone here might have a picture. I’ll give you a quick call to hear thoughts on the return jets.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back