GLR anemone???

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,703
Reaction score
2,306
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this in my sump today where I dumped my live rock rubble from Gulf Live Rock. Is this an aiptasia or a light bulb anemone? It has striped tentacles of that helps. All aiptasia I’ve seen don’t have that feature. Sorry for the bad pics, I’m taking them through the acrylic in a dark part of the sump with a flashlight.
20260507_112806_D40208A8-77D5-4AE4-9994-FC5AA4546A0A.png


20260507_112806_54F6C884-7075-438A-BF29-BC2DC5FE09E2.png
 
Yup, aiptasia
 
I think it does look like a lightbulb anemone but you aren’t ever going to be wrong to get it out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new