Gluing broken piece back onto colony

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
1,293
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was moving some rocks around and bumped an acro colony, breaking a small branch off. Can I glue the branch back onto the colony?
 
I would just make frags, where you glue will die and require it to grow back over it. At least imo.
 
Aw man! I just glued it to a different rock! When you glued branches back on, did you notice slower growth or bleaching or anything like that?
 
Thanks. The branch shouldn't be too hard to dettach from its new rock. I'm gonna try it
 
post a pic
Here it is, complete with stress slime:
75CB76D2-776E-44B3-9707-1B36A67278D0.jpeg

Maybe you can see the glue
5736E3AD-76AA-47A7-94E7-23B88595A037.jpeg
 
Happens to every reefer.. frag it to different are or Rock. Always good to have a healthy backup in case the original one perishes, I've have saved may colonies from complete extinction in my tank from broken frags.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new