Go LARGE from the Start

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Zach,
Bill Murray has received prime real state in my tank and has been doing well.
Started to encrust and grow, but has not yet colored up yet. Probably will take little bit more time.
Thanks for a good quality coral.
Sorry, photo has been taken with my iPhone .

05F6EB05-7653-47F6-8512-C017F2EAEA8C.jpeg
Looking good!Very happy to see that it is doing well --- Looks to have grown quite a bit also! Its a fairly quick grower--- the section i showed you on my colony has already sprouted a couple branches off...Once the base spreads out you will get the typical pink/orange base with green edge growth--- branches stay fairly pale for me--- its very apparent where the new growth is with that piece which i really like. I find it to be one of those indicating colors that lets you know how your tank is doing (Not that you have any issues). Similar to a pink lemonade if you have too much iron or iodine and it starts to green on ya.

Love your tank and looking forward to seeing more of your success!

zypher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great, wish mine looked that good. I have had my tank going for just a bit more than 19 months. Finally water chemistry is under control. Just concerned about lighting. I have 2 AP700s over my 180 gallon Tank. I recently changed my lighting schedule as I never got the coral growth I thought I should have. As a matter of fact I have had several corals bleach. I am running almost totally Blue. No white light. I am running my lights for about 8.5 hours a day, peak is 55% . I need your opinion on Lighting Schedules.

Tank Specifics:

60 Inches in Length
29 inches in Depth
Tank Type: Peninsula, Acrylic
Lights are 10 Inches off Water (Cannot be raised or Lowered) - I looked at Kessile Specs - this height seemed right
Water Temp about 80 degrees F
Coral Types - Mainly Softies (Japanese Toadstool (it has split 3-4 times), zoas, hammerhead

The fish are doing Great. Just concerned my lighting is not optimal. Ideas?
I think I have a good Flow rate
I also have an ap700, it is a single unit mounted at a similar height of 10 inches above the water on my 30 inches long tank. I don't have a par meter but I found that even 40% peak intensity was way too high. I found that my acro's were getting bleached even. My current lighting schedule is what is in the picture. The ap700 is a very powerful light and can do damage fast. I hope this was helpful and good luck.
20190412_100643.jpeg

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excavated my old post this weekend... Not much change has been done since few years, still dozing Alk, Mg, and CA. Still not using filter socks. The only upgrade that was done to the system is from Radions Gen 2 to Gen 4 (don't know why I did this, as acro was growing under Gen 2 just fine).

Instead of writing a long post, just decided to show off with the current aquarium look ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excavated my old post this weekend... Not much change has been done since few years, still dozing Alk, Mg, and CA. Still not using filter socks. The only upgrade that was done to the system is from Radions Gen 2 to Gen 4 (don't know why I did this, as acro was growing under Gen 2 just fine).

Instead of writing a long post, just decided to show off with the current aquarium look ;)

This is our Reef Of The Day!! Any updates and photos? :)

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reeffers,

Thank you all for acknowledging my hard work in a reef keeping. It means a lot to me. Not much of changes have been done, except adding some new corals that I am growing and will share pictures when tiny frags will become mini colonies. lol.
Here are few pictures of some corals:

1. Vivid Confetti
2. Jaw Breaker mushroom
3. ATL Joleen
4. Greg C Acroberry
5. SC Dynamite chalice
6. Pink *******
7. UC Tutti-frutti

vivid confetti-3.jpg jawbreker mushroom1.jpg atl joleen.jpg acroberry.jpg sc dynamite chalice.jpg pinc ******* chalice.jpg uc tutti frutti.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much are you dosing just curious still undecided if i use a doser or calcium reactor on my 200 gallon

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much are you dosing just curious still undecided if i use a doser or calcium reactor on my 200 gallon
Hi Jose.
I am using Brightwell product for CAL., ALK and MAG. To keep my animals happy I am dosing 120 mil CAL, 640 mil ALK , 70 mil MAG a day via dosing pump, but it costly. Specially ALK.
More economic way would be a calcium reactor.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back