Goby/blenny compatibility

bug5447

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a 75 gal tank with a Gold Midas Blenny and a Diamond Goby. Can I add additional gobies or bennies with the two that I have? If so, what kind?

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink spot, diamond, and wheelers goby. And a tailspot and flametail blenny. You don’t want a fand or another eel type blenny.

A tailspot or bicolor blenny would work. There may be a little bickering at first but should be fine.

For gobies, just don’t get another sifter.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a scooter blenny and a lawn mower blenny and a diamond goby. The diamond goby hates the lawn mower blenny and is always chasing him away. But they are fine together not nipping or any real bad fighting.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a twin spot and a diamond goby. But my tank is 210 gallons and they each have their own side of the tank and sift through the gravel without intruding on the other's turf. I also have a lawnmower and bicolor blenny. There are no issues there. A 75 is a good size. ;Happy I don't think you would have a problem getting another of either in your tank so long as you have plenty of rockwork/caves and food available for the blennies to munch off of rocks. Some people keep certain fish without problems and others are mean bullies. The fish chart says to use caution when adding other gobies and blennies in the tank with each other -- it is a fish personality issue. Some like their neighbors and others don't.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a 75 gal tank with a Gold Midas Blenny and a Diamond Goby. Can I add additional gobies or bennies with the two that I have? If so, what kind?

I’m thinking of the same selections for my 90gal. Midas Blenny, Diamond Goby, and additionally a lawnmower blenny. Does anyone foresee issues with these 3?

Thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back