Goby Hiding During Day

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have a 5 gallon reef tank with just a pistol shrimp and a hi-fin red banded goby and was wondering if this behavior is abnormal. The goby always used to be out and swimming right outside the shrimp's burrow but in the past couple weeks he is never outside of the burrow and is always hiding - I can barely get him to come out to eat food. I was wondering what could have caused this behavior change and if there is anything I can do to help fix this...I would love to see my friend hanging out during the day again.

Thanks!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have a 5 gallon reef tank with just a pistol shrimp and a hi-fin red banded goby and was wondering if this behavior is abnormal. The goby always used to be out and swimming right outside the shrimp's burrow but in the past couple weeks he is never outside of the burrow and is always hiding - I can barely get him to come out to eat food. I was wondering what could have caused this behavior change and if there is anything I can do to help fix this...I would love to see my friend hanging out during the day again.

Thanks!
He may be protecting the shrimp whilst he sheds. I had my watchman hide for a while and then emerge. Albeit this was during introduction so he may not have been guarding the shrimp whilst it shedded.

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may be protecting the shrimp whilst he sheds. I had my watchman hide for a while and then emerge. Albeit this was during introduction so he may not have been guarding the shrimp whilst it shedded.
So I suppose just wait and see....that might make sense since the I don't see the shrimp that often too

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back