Going diving in Bahama's!!

blkicebullys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything I should know before I do this? I will make sure to take lost of pics to share. Anyone been there? How are the reef's?

!wrass!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went there last year. We stayed on Andros. Basically pristine reefs with on other divers within miles.

Bring $$$.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money is always a must for diving (don't forget to tip your dive master and boat captain). We were there seeral years ago, the week after three hurricanes hit the Bahamas. We were in Freeport. The diving wasn't spectacular, but despite the sand every where, we still got to see a number of nice spots.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't see reef crests full of acros, but any diving is a blast IMO... you'll see tons of fish, gorgs, some sharks, rays, etc. depending on where you go. Have balst and watch for rock dwelling scorpion fish :D

BTW, where are you going?

OP
OP
B

blkicebullys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are going to nassau.. I think spelling is right! anyway cant wait. Im in PA and we have been beat with snow and ice the past couple days!! I need the warm weather!!

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nassau has a few good places to snorkel. definitely not tons of acros. a lot of softies though. it's nice.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snorkeled on the barrier reef off of Andros Island. Lots of huge acro colonies that had succumbed to white band disease. Also, watch for the fire coral! There's plenty of it where I was. Great fish, saw a sea turtle, and some black tipped reef sharks. Underwater there was a crackling sound from all the parrot fish munching the corals too. Also saw a small octopus hanging out in a little hole. Didn't see much for softies. Lots of big sponges, sand dollars, starfish, and urchins though.

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where i was there were lots of urchins, starfish, and what I now think is xenia. still don't know if that's what it was, but there were large rocks of what looked like pulsating blue coral.

ReefKid15

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have fun!!!!!!!! dont forget the pics

never dove there, but the pics are great

if your gonna go on another diving trip check out the cayman islands they are great

saw lots of cool stuff

Back