Going Fallow... Can I?

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon DT with 12 fish totaling 35 inches. Most are on the smaller size and under 4". If I am going to go fallow in my main tank, and I also need to do a copper treatment for ich, what sized QT/HT will I need for those 12 fish to make it manageable? I currently have access to a 50 gallon tank, is it possible to make this work with biofilter? Or should I just wait until I can afford a bigger tank?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just use large bins or rubbermaid tubs. That would save you money. Most of this depends on how much space you have and the size of the fish.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just use large bins or rubbermaid tubs. That would save you money. Most of this depends on how much space you have and the size of the fish.
I'm able to borrow a 50 gallon tank for 90-120 days for free. Fish are smaller end. But your suggestion would be to not use 50 gallon with biofilter and instead use several large bins/tubs? Should I use biofilters with each tub?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back