Going old school

  • Thread starter Thread starter RWinfrey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RWinfrey

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
746
Reaction score
483
Location
Ct
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after having to replace yet another needle wheel impeller for 50 bucks . I put it out there for a downdraft skimmer and I got quick reply from another member and the trade was on.
 
Hey Meatboy...I feel as if you have the most experience with running skimmers with your experience in the hobby, your plethorah of skimmers over your career and actual testing. You should do a nice write up or a meeting presentations on skimmers and what to look for.

Cause honestly, I don't even know what a downdraft skimmer does and its advantages over a needle wheel style.
 
I think that is a great idea! I know I have had to ask on a few occassions for advice on skimmers.
 
Who me i am no expert i am just a behind the scenes guy....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new