Going to miss my AZFrag friends

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have posted a couple threads here talking about my upcoming move.

Due to several issues, we are moving to Las Cruces, New Mexico on the 16th.

I am breaking down my big 210 and moving everything into my hospital tank for a couple weeks for the move. The rock is all in two barrels with pumps trying to keep it mostly alive.

The sad part is there is NO saltwater store within 2 hours drive. A couple in EL Paso Texas, and a few in Albuquerque (which is a 4-hour drive). I still have family up here, so I may drive back for a couple FRAG auctions when the need arrives, but I will mostly be a mail-order reefer from now on.

I will miss all my FRAG buddies, and the fin from the FRAG meetings! I may hit someone up to see if I can pay them to ship me some Chaeto once I get running again, that is the one thing I didn't think to "preserve" for the move.

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you luck John, since it sounds like a huge undertaking. I hope it all goes according to plan, and from what you outlined in your other thread, it seems like a good plan.

I was hoping to some day get one of those hairy mushrooms back from you, but oh well I just gotta reef on. Hoping to see you at a future FRAG auction.

OP
OP
azbigjohn

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you luck John, since it sounds like a huge undertaking. I hope it all goes according to plan, and from what you outlined in your other thread, it seems like a good plan.

I was hoping to some day get one of those hairy mushrooms back from you, but oh well I just gotta reef on. Hoping to see you at a future FRAG auction.

Thanks!

I've gotta say, that Hairy Mushroom I got from you might be my favorite coral! It hasn't split since that last one I gave you; it is probably about 4" across now when it is expanded!

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the last one didn't do too well and got lost in all the frenzy when I sold off most of my corals back in spring. I think it was attached on a piece of live rock that got sold with other corals on it.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back