Going to pet store to pick stuff up.

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I decide it was time to go back to my lfs and get some stuff. I want to get 1 green bta or a flower anemone. I was also planning to get some rotifers to feed to my mandarin. I might get another gsp. With that also Will get around 10 blue leg hermit crab. Anything else I should plan on getting for a 24 nano biocube?

ShannPeach

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, you probably already went to the store, but rotifers aren't going to be much use for your mandarin. You want something larger, and think copepods. Tisbe are easy and prolific. Also, you should seriously consider training your mandarin to eat prepared foods in a tank that size unless you plan to plumb in a large sump/refugium, culture copepods separately, or buy them often.

There have been several threads and articles about how to train dragonettes to eat frozen/dead foods and also about how to culture pods. Either one of those options will be your best bet for maintaining it long term.

Camellia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new set up? You might not want to add a bta until your system is more established. If you already bought it, keep us posted on how it does and info on your cube.
Good Luck!

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new set up? You might not want to add a bta until your system is more established. If you already bought it, keep us posted on how it does and info on your cube.
Good Luck!

I made this mistake, put the poor guy though HELL! Lost his color and bubbles... got them back months later and only for him to commit suicide in the MP10... poor BTA, RIP!

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well bta is doing good but hiding a lot. Got some copepod and mandrain been happy now for over a month. Also for a 29 gallon i got a 100 hermit crab bad mistake lol. We also got a red mushroom. Currently we got a coral beauty too. Been hiding a lot too

ShannPeach

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fish will come out more once they become more comfortable with commotion around the tank. Your coral beauty angel is a wildcaught fish (at least I am assuming since I don't think it's likely you somehow got a tank-bred one), and will likely need a bit of time to adjust to suddenly being in a glass box in someone's house. Is it eating? You could try to coax it out more with using live brine to get it feeding and over time it will realize that nothing is going to kill it if it's out in the open.

Some fish do remain more reclusive no matter your best efforts, though. Just give it time and hope that your coral beauty isn't one of those fish :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back