Going to pet store to pick stuff up.

peterthegamer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
411
Reaction score
36
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I decide it was time to go back to my lfs and get some stuff. I want to get 1 green bta or a flower anemone. I was also planning to get some rotifers to feed to my mandarin. I might get another gsp. With that also Will get around 10 blue leg hermit crab. Anything else I should plan on getting for a 24 nano biocube?
 
So, you probably already went to the store, but rotifers aren't going to be much use for your mandarin. You want something larger, and think copepods. Tisbe are easy and prolific. Also, you should seriously consider training your mandarin to eat prepared foods in a tank that size unless you plan to plumb in a large sump/refugium, culture copepods separately, or buy them often.

There have been several threads and articles about how to train dragonettes to eat frozen/dead foods and also about how to culture pods. Either one of those options will be your best bet for maintaining it long term.
 
Is this a new set up? You might not want to add a bta until your system is more established. If you already bought it, keep us posted on how it does and info on your cube.
Good Luck!
 
Is this a new set up? You might not want to add a bta until your system is more established. If you already bought it, keep us posted on how it does and info on your cube.
Good Luck!

I made this mistake, put the poor guy though HELL! Lost his color and bubbles... got them back months later and only for him to commit suicide in the MP10... poor BTA, RIP!
 
Well bta is doing good but hiding a lot. Got some copepod and mandrain been happy now for over a month. Also for a 29 gallon i got a 100 hermit crab bad mistake lol. We also got a red mushroom. Currently we got a coral beauty too. Been hiding a lot too
 
Most fish will come out more once they become more comfortable with commotion around the tank. Your coral beauty angel is a wildcaught fish (at least I am assuming since I don't think it's likely you somehow got a tank-bred one), and will likely need a bit of time to adjust to suddenly being in a glass box in someone's house. Is it eating? You could try to coax it out more with using live brine to get it feeding and over time it will realize that nothing is going to kill it if it's out in the open.

Some fish do remain more reclusive no matter your best efforts, though. Just give it time and hope that your coral beauty isn't one of those fish :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new