Gold Nugget maroon pairing successful?

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally purchased two gold nugget maroon clowns, tiny little guys. Well, one of them disappeared and thought he had been “eaten by the reef”, since I had removed a gorilla crab around the time of his disappearance. I ended up finding him in the overflow and saved him by flushing into the sump (along with my Midas blenny and the frostbite ocellaris clown (what I was actually looking for when I found these two guys). The other maroon had started living with my green anemone, while the RBTA on the other end of the tank wasn’t hosting anything. I re-introduced the overflow maroon and he started hosting the RBTA. That wasn’t what I wanted, so I moved the RBTA from the left end of my 210, to the center right beside the green RBTA with the other maroon. There was some really fierce fighting yesterday, but they are both living in the RBTA, although the slightly larger maroon won’t let the other maroon out of the RBTA. He just floats back and forth between the two, while asserting dominance every once in a while to the maroon in the RBTA. Hope this is the beginning of pairing, but unsure of when they are mature enough for one to turn female. What do you guys thing...paired?

D342FE1D-7EBA-40EA-8E43-13013E78C08D.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It definitely sounds like they are working on the pairing! Keep watching!

OP
OP
ShepherdTech

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filmed one of their many skirmishes, although this one wasn’t quite as bad as some. This was prior to the above pic.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back