Golden Lined Rabbit Fish??

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fast will they grow, and how big, my tank is only 65 Gallons. I would like to get it to take care of a Green Hair Algae problem. I don’t mind trading it in a year, if I don’t have a larger tank by then. BTW, it’s Aqua-cultured, if that makes any difference.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had a gold lined, but my orange spot rabbit grew very rapidly in the first 6 months.
DSC_8397.jpg
DSC_0203.jpg

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Gold Lined and your Rabbit Fish are very similar. How many gallons is your tank? I have seen your Rabbit Fish sold as a Gold spot Rabbit Fish.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one from BIOTA and they come in pretty small. I went to place it in my 210 gallon by my Sapphire Damsels, breeding pair, started to harass it since it was near their den. Captured it and moved it to my refugium which is about 24 gallons. It is doing great in there. I've owned it a month and it has doubled in size. Now it is about 3 inches.

They get very large in the wild and BIOTA say over a foot. They are fast. Mine is very quick in the tank and eats everything I throw in there. It is also eating the macro algae that I have in there but I do not care really as I'll replace it. To circle back to your question though I really don't know. Based on what I see with mine over the last month I would say you have a year easy.

My only comment, or feedback based on what I see, is that they are fast swimmers. It isn't skittish. It is always in my face when I'm near. Doesn't attack me so I don't worry about stings. It is a pretty fish and seems to be out and about which I like.

Not sure this helped you at all but it isn't going to be in a month or so. It will take a year easy. Also BIOTA says it may eat Xenia and another coral I forget which they listed. I put Xenia frags in the refugium and it hasn't touched it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back