OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some changes to the rockscape. Progress but I still think the left side looks a little unnatural.

20170929_131221.jpg

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by AquaSD today and got some bulbs for the T5 and got my first frags. I was planning on doing a long QT on the corals and inverts but the guy at the store talked me out of it. Said that the main thing to worry about it coral pests on the corals, and that yes it is possible to bring in ich in the encrusted stage on a snail or frag plug but it's highly unlikely and he had never seen it happen or heard of it happening. So I dipped the corals and threw em in. Hope I don't regret it.

DSC00809.jpg
DSC00810.jpg
DSC00812.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, got some eagle eyes, radioactive dragone eyes, torch and candy cane or is it trumpet? Lol

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got more frags and a skunk cleaner shrimp.

Hollywood Stunner Chalice
Purple Hammer
Christmas Favia
Striped Favia
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

/Oh and I ended up taking the frags out of the DT and put them in a QT the next morning. lol

But turns out I wasn't being paranoid. The torch has flatworms!

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got another cleaner shrimp and I'm seeing some green algae now. Also seeing some very bright pinkish red and green spots. I'll try to get some shots of it tomorrow maybe.

20171022_095006.jpg

20171021_181910.jpg

And the ever changing stock list is looking like this nowadays:

What I've got:

Tailspot Blenny

Green Tip Torch
Neon Green Candy Cane
Eagle Eyes Zoa
Radioactive Dragon Eyes Zoa
Hollywood Stunner Chalice
Purple Hammer
Christmas Favia
Striped Favia

2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

What I want:
Melanurus Wrasse
3 Schooling Bannerfish (Heniochus diphreutes)
Banggi Cardinal Pair
Hi Fin Red Banded Goby and Red Banded Snapping Shrimp
Bubble Tip Anemone
Ocellaris Clownfish Pair
Two Barred Foxface
Azure Damsel
Yellow Eye Kole Tang and Yellow Tang
Tridacna Clam
Maybe a Powder Blue Tang if I'm feeling confident.

Clean Up Crew:
-As Needed-
Trochus Snail
Cerith Snail
Nassarius Snail
Peppermint Shrimp
Emerald Crab
Blue Tuxedo Urchin

Might also get a neon blue goby and some blue/green chromis but not sure. I feel like I need some blue fish in there. Also would like to have a flame angel or coral beauty but was trying to thin out the list to be more realistic and remove some of the reef safe "with caution" fish. But I might end up with some, we will see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 emerald crab 10 trochus and 10 nassarius snails to star off the CUC. One of the crabs was DOA and one of the nassarius snails were just an empty shell. So I got the others all acclimated and the're all doing what they do. I rarely see a nassarius unless I'm feeding the shrimps but the trochus are all going to town on the ugly phase of my tank. Wish I saw the emerald crab more, it seems to want to be on the back side of the rock I put him on.

I ordered a jebao pp-4 and I like it so I'll probably use it on the coral QT and I ordered two PP-8's for the DT. Maybe someday I will hang my lights and get two more bulbs, or even better get some sb reef lights and some retrofit t5's. Since I got the shrimp and started feeding the tank the skimmer is skimming thick and dark. Seems to be working very well.

The tailspot blenny is doing great. He finished the 30 days in copper and after a large WC and putting the cuprisorb in he's back to being out and extremely active all day, eating like a pig and the bacterial infection is almost completely gone after one night out of the copper. I'll just give him a couple weeks in general cure to make sure no flukes and he's in the DT finally.

20171031_114628.jpg
20171101_183604.jpg

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added two more emerald crabs as well as the tail spot blenny. Also got more frags, another torch, a duncan, and some zoas. And I placed an order with live aquaria divers den for a pair of bangaii cardinals, hi fin goby and some tongan nassarius snails. I'll post some pictures of the new frags once they've opened up tomorrow.

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It all seems to be going well. Blenny is getting more established in his new surroundings. I'll probably introduce some corals soon. Just unsure about some of the hitchhikers I've spotted.

And the duncan I got looks like it has some bite marks so I've got to keep checking for a while I think.

20171107_124739.jpg

OP
OP
I

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my order from live aquaria divers den got messed up and they only sent the Banggais and the snails. No goby. And one of the Banggais died.. So that was a big let down. The Banggai that died was missing half his first dorsal fin and had red on the bottoms of his eyes and anal fin. I'm thinking he was damaged while being caught for packaging because the other half of his fin wasn't in the bag. He must have lost it before.

20171109_113711.jpg
20171109_122940.jpg
20171109_165923.jpg

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to get a refund from Live Aquaria for the fish that died.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back