Goni help

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I posted a week or two ago about my Goni looking like this after getting stung by torch coral
IMG_2865.JPG

It has since gotten worse and now looks like this
IMG_2980.JPG

I moved it into more flow but it’s getting worse and I really don’t want to lose it.. any ideas??

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I posted a week or two ago about my Goni looking like this after getting stung by torch coral
IMG_2865.JPG

It has since gotten worse and now looks like this
IMG_2980.JPG

I moved it into more flow but it’s getting worse and I really don’t want to lose it.. any ideas??
Man, gonis can be tricky. #reefsquad come help bc idk what to do

Blue_line_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem reef dip is what I always had on hand. Mix with tank water in a bowl per instructions. Hope it pulls through.
I agree ^^^^^ seachem (brand) Reed dip, it is iodine based and will help. But you might want to out in a higher flow. But I would highly recommend you think about fragging the healthy parts you can and dip it again.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Goni is also having issues and has been for a few months. Recently I have seen some improvements after a 30 minute bath in seachem reef dip and feeding it fish eggs (I am using reef nutrition brand). So maybe a dip followed by feeding can help? Gonis react so dramatically to changes and seem to improve very slowly so my general advice is to keep hoping and go slow

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity is 1.024 nitrites 0 nitrates 5 or less ph 8.0-8.2 I haven’t fed the Goni because the food i use it doesn’t like i guess

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the pic looks like it’s getting tons of light even at the bottom of your tank. I bought a frag just like that from my local fish store and the owner said the biggest problem is people fry them with light. Mine sits in the bottom corner of my tank maybe 50 par and loves it. You should try a lower light part of tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back