Goni-Possible Flatworms

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redeemed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redeemed

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
14
Location
Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what these spots are but if they are flatworms, if I dip just this coral, then I kill all the flatworms instead of them dying in my tank. However, the goni will pull in when it's touched and stayed balled up for a long time. So how do these worms die if the arms are pulled inside its skeleton while being treated?

Would it be better to use flatworm exit and just do the whole tank? I was trying to avoid them getting in the tank after dying and just spot treat the goni but if the goni balls up, there is no release for the dead worms...
IMG_20240619_154957.jpg
 
is it qt ? yes red planaria ? display infected?
 
Thanks for the replies. I am trying to figure out on what the best way to get them off this particular coral as the arms pull in immediately when it senses anything that comes near it. If I dip it, then how do the worms get released when the arms are pulled into the skeleton?

Otherwise, I will have to treat it in the tank and was trying to avoid having them float around (although dying as they do).
 
is it in display tank already ?
 
I learned a valuable lesson. I like others have put too much faith into the LFS to sell a "clean" coral. I will dip from now on. It is very healthy and my other corals, duncans, blastos, scoly, zoas mushroom, cyphastreas and montiporas are all growing like crazy.
 
need to treat full tank already contaminated , flatworm exit ,follow directions carefully
do some research w the search feature here , best wishes...
 
Thank you. Due to researching before I posted, I already have exit coming today.
 
extra airstone is important !
 
I know to turn off everything and then do my best to siphon them out and perhaps the coral beauty will find them tasty. Why the airstone?
 
Just curious what size tank and what inhabitant’s already? I added an azure damsel to my tank and I see 0 of them after a week.

I always try natural remedies before going chemical cause it can always mess something else up using chemicals.

Flatworm exit will kill a lot of beneficial stuff as well.
 
Goniopora, Duncans, Zoas, Scoly, Montis, Cyphastrea, Mushroom.

Fish-Coral beauty, 1 Clown, 2 Cardinals, 1 Firefish

36 gallon
 
I know they could be everywhere but I don't see any other issues with any of my other corals.
 
Goniopora, Duncans, Zoas, Scoly, Montis, Cyphastrea, Mushroom.

Fish-Coral beauty, 1 Clown, 2 Cardinals, 1 Firefish

36 gallon
As stated above, an azure damsel has a certain reputation for flatworm control. If you are concerned with aggression, a pink streaked wrasse has the same reputation
 
You won’t see issues until they get out of control to be fair. I had them everywhere in my sandbed literally each inch had 1-3 in it. None on rocks or coral. But I nipped it in the butt before it got out of hand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new