Goni question

  • Thread starter Thread starter AZ_Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AZ_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,022
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of goni’s and they are doing well however they don’t fully extend and are just being finicky. I spot feed them and they are doing fine but are just existing in their weird state. They are used to the water quality and parameters are all good I just don’t know if they take awhile to acclimate! Anybody else have this issue?
 
Can we see some pics? Goni's have different length stems, so need to see what you mean by not extending as much.
 
Here ya go!
IMG_8767.jpeg
 
holy cow that's a blue tank lol
It looks ok, it might be normal, but need a better pic. Can you turn down the blue's and turn up the whites and take another pic?
 
Currently on vacation otherwise I would! I just wanted to know if it happens to anyone else?
 
I have 3 goni's in one of my tanks - sometimes 1 of them will not extend for a few days. Are all not extending or just the one in the (very blue) photo? If just 1, then i wouldn't be concerned. If all, could be a few things - not happy with chemistry, flow or lighting or some combo of these. Also, some fish can bother them and they will not extend.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new