Goni Questions

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. If Goni's touch, will they sting and cause harm?
2. I have 2 shorter stemmed Goni's. A few stems are longer than others. Do they more light or less?
3. A few of the Goni's look more like a torch on the ends versus a flower. Too much flow or?
4. For those of you that have several goni's, do you find the shorter stemmed ones like lower light and/or flow?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the responses! I have 6 goni's that are just frags (1") right now. I have just started to collect them and they seem to be doing well. One is a rainbow and I can't wait to see it grow bigger!! 2 green are the same or very similar and a blue/purple one...those are the ones that do not look like having flower petals with the flow. When I stop flow for feeding, that is when one can tell that they are Goni's. They are getting medium-high turbulent flow. They appear happy with it but I am wondering if it is too much flow. All 3 feed readily. I have always liked their appearance so decided to give them a try. I have thought about placing all of them together to create a Goni garden, hence the reason for asking question 1.

I have not taken any pictures since they are just frags. I'm not the best at taking pictures either:9(

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that you have success with your frags. If they aren't happy, don't be so quick to change their parameters. For example, don't change their position for lighting whilst changing their position from flow. Give them time as they can be fussy.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a sucker for Gonis, but my problem is/was feeding. All my 6-7 gonies were gone when I stopped feeding or only do once a week. I do have 1 left. A friend gave me a tank raised one and that sucker seems to do very well for the last 3 months.
20150526_223724_zpsfc6f8115.jpg

20150324_225334_zps11d5a9ca.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that you have success with your frags. If they aren't happy, don't be so quick to change their parameters. For example, don't change their position for lighting whilst changing their position from flow. Give them time as they can be fussy.
I will give them plenty of time:9) For now, I am going to take the short polyp ones back to the sandbed. Thanks for the welleished!! :0)

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :0) I saw that one but I like to/prefer to purchase when I can look the goni over really well and ask questions. Maybe someday you can frag yours if I haven't found one by then :0)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back