Goniopora

micky015

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown film growing over goniopora coral, coral was healthy and fully extended for a week then it closed for a day and started developing the brown jelly film over itself, I’ve tried coral dip, I’ve tried manually removing the film (jelly like) multiple times but it comes back within a day.
Unsure of what to do, the coral won’t even open anymore.
Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: have also tried more light, less light, more flow, less flow.
B4FDE93E-490B-4DA8-9A5C-60A60D9DF9D1.jpeg
 
Have also tried more flow, less flow, more light, less light. Nothing is working
 
in your dips have you included antibiotics?
 
How did it go? I think mine having the same issues
 
How did it go? I think mine having the same issues
Honestly I think my tank just wasn’t mature enough as all my corals are now doing fine, I didn’t have any iodine to do an iodine dip it was dead the next day
 
Aquacultured or wild harvested? The reason I ask is because through the years I have tried gonni several times and failed but the they were all wild harvested. I have had four aquacultured frags for a several months now and they are doing well.
 
Aquacultured or wild harvested? The reason I ask is because through the years I have tried gonni several times and failed but the they were all wild harvested. I have had four aquacultured frags for a several months now and they are doing well.
Couldn't agree with this more. I got a random goni from a local fish store that some other hobbyist had traded in for store credit and it is the happiest thing ever. I had two die that were wild.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new