gonipora Coral not open all the way

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I bought a gonipora coral about 7 months ago. For two months it was open and huge the polyps were probably 6 inches long. Well after those two months it shrunk down all the way to the skeleton well it was off and on for about three weeks then it came back out but only 2 inches. It’s been that way since it will shrink then come out not all the way I’ve tried different lighting/flow sand/rock nothing seemed to work. Right now it’s low light and medium to low flow that seems to help a little but not a lot. I feed regularly with AB+ and that helps. What is going on? How do I get it to come all the way out again and be happy? My parameters are as follows
Calcium 425
Alkalinity 7.50
Magnesium 1,500
Phosphate 0.1
Nitrate 10ppm
Temp 81
Salinity 1.025
74A0312F-1EFD-4844-9DC4-05C825F9BCE5.jpeg
image.jpg

All the other corals are ok except 1 toadstool which I’m trying so hard to figure out what’s up with him sometimes he’s open others he closed up then sheds then opens again than closes a day later and does the same thing but that’s for another day.

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I bought a gonipora coral about 7 months ago. For two months it was open and huge the polyps were probably 6 inches long. Well after those two months it shrunk down all the way to the skeleton well it was off and on for about three weeks then it came back out but only 2 inches. It’s been that way since it will shrink then come out not all the way I’ve tried different lighting/flow sand/rock nothing seemed to work. Right now it’s low light and medium to low flow that seems to help a little but not a lot. I feed regularly with AB+ and that helps. What is going on? How do I get it to come all the way out again and be happy? My parameters are as follows
Calcium 425
Alkalinity 7.50
Magnesium 1,500
Phosphate 0.1
Nitrate 10ppm
Temp 81
Salinity 1.025
74A0312F-1EFD-4844-9DC4-05C825F9BCE5.jpeg
image.jpg

All the other corals are ok except 1 toadstool which I’m trying so hard to figure out what’s up with him sometimes he’s open others he closed up then sheds then opens again than closes a day later and does the same thing but that’s for another day.
If you start to see the coral starting to turn lighter and bleach out, it is likely the result of high lighting intensity. You should give it low light and see what it is demanding from u. Also give it low flow. They r very hard to keep. If you see the tentacles violently thrashing about, that is probably too much flow and it would benefit from being relocated to a more calm section of the tank. This thread is for you see what vetteguy had told

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you start to see the coral starting to turn lighter and bleach out, it is likely the result of high lighting intensity. You should give it low light and see what it is demanding from u. Also give it low flow. They r very hard to keep. If you see the tentacles violently thrashing about, that is probably too much flow and it would benefit from being relocated to a more calm section of the tank. This thread is for you see what vetteguy had told
It’s not charging colors at all. I have it on low flow I’ve tried all I can think. I just need to know if there’s something else I can try to get it back on track!!!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back