gonipora coral won’t open

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve had this pink gonipora for over a month now and it’s never really came out when i first got it it extended a little bit but not like when i got it from my lfs. I understand they’re exceptionally hard corals to keep but i know that just all depends on everyone’s tank but im not sure at this point because nothing in my tank isn’t all that out of line.

Magnesium: 1455
alk: 10.3
phosphate 0.00
nitrate: 0.9
calcium (for some reason my tester always reads up to 600 and i can’t figure out why)
salinity: 1.025
temp 78
ph: 8.1
All tested on a hanna marine master photometer.

i’ve tried various spots in my tank high light and low light which i know they cater towards low to moderate light so it sights in my sand bed now with not any kind of crazy flow but still hasn’t came out.

I run 2 ai prime 16hds on a 35 gal cube.

IMG_2389.png

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i forgot to mention, i just changed out my gfo/carbon reactor since my phosphates started to not really come down. My phosphates usually sit around 0.08 and it was up to 0.16 so that’s when i decided to change it out but today i did some heavier feeding to both fish and coral with some mysis and brine and also fed live plankton to bring those nutrients up a bit

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not showing any signs of receding, you might just want to leave it alone for awhile. I’ve had corals that took a few weeks to adjust. Since you’re having a ton of swings you may just need to get stable and wait.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i’m gonna leave it there and just not mess with it for the time being i heard they can take up to a month to fully adapt and open

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpeg
    IMG_2390.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 21

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back