Gonipora keeping GSP in check?

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I've noticed something interesting over the last few weeks - and I wanted to check to see if anyone has a similar experience.

My GSP has covered a rock - as intended - however it was starting to branch out and try to reach other locations. For some random reason - my Goni ended up close to the GSP after I rearranged the tank due to new corals being put in - and where the two are getting close (its one small spot) - the GSP is completely retracted, and the Goni is nice and stretched out. I also dont notice it attempting to branch to other locations and spread out any longer.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so it might be a good way to make GSP behave.

reefrubble

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One often overlooked attribute of GSP that many people overlook is that it is just as relentless as it is fast growing. It certainly is possible that some form of stasis was reached in your case between the GSP and Goniopora, however I would be surprised if that is not short lived.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similarly, I use torches to control Xenia..........

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back