Gonipora starting to die after 6 months

  • Thread starter Thread starter jstec
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jstec

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2013
Messages
120
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vu9aze7y.jpg
I know that you can't tell from the picture but when it is closed you can see bleaching on the bottom starting to head up very very slowly it's under moderate light and flow water is great everything else is growing like crazy I knew that these were near impossible but when I saw it at a lfs for 20 and it was bigger then a baseball I figured I'd try it
 
Are you feeding it? I feed mine about once a week. I've also noticed that mine seems to like quite a bit of light, but not a lot of flow.
 
I have a couple red flowerpots and a purple and they like light for sure. Had a green die not to far from my purple no idea why. Good luck. The other colors seem to be a lot tougher
 
It gets reef snow about twice a week I had it in high light and it wouldn't come out the less flow I gave it the less it extended but to much an it wouldn't come out at all it's been a headache and by far the most touchy coral I've had
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new