Gonna try some shrooms

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonzos have been one of the most tolerant shrooms for me by far. Once settled in they multiply like crazy.
Jawbreakers almost always have a tendency to detach and float on me. Especially during shipping and entering my system. Jawbreakers are always hit and miss for people and wouldn't reccomend them in a higher nutrient, immature tank. I think low nutrients and tightly ran established sps tank is probably best for JB's.

Did you see them melt or just disappeared? Chances are the JB will show up sometime if it hasn't been sucked up into pumps.
They just get smaller and smaller and poof-gone

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just get smaller and smaller and poof-gone
What are your parameters far as Nitrates and phosphates. Biggest cause I've seen for this is sudden change in stability in Salinity, Temp, Alk, Nitrates, Phosphates. As well as higher light intensity and flow.
I always start my shrooms in low light low flow corner and move them in to find sweet spot when they start opening up first week or 2.

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters far as Nitrates and phosphates. Biggest cause I've seen for this is sudden change in stability in Salinity, Temp, Alk, Nitrates, Phosphates. As well as higher light intensity and flow.
I always start my shrooms in low light low flow corner and move them in to find sweet spot when they start opening up first week or 2.
The tank is a 30g. all in one. They tank is very stable and the only issue was a brown/rust colored film algae that was everywhere. I cut the feeding, started Vibrant and Microbacter7, and am gonna blow the rockwork every couple of days. I can see the algae is really bothering the zoas also. I am also going to bump water changes from 5 gallons once a week to 5 gallons twice a week til I get a handle on the algae.
Cheers! Mark

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3 pieces that I cut the Jawbreaker into are all still alive and the free floating chunk has attached - yay!
1612560115094.jpeg
1612560132638.jpeg

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shroom #2 is a WWC OG Bounce. We got it several months ago as a frag and it has grown to about 1.5 inches. It is really nice with some big bubbles.
thumbnail.jpeg

A friend of mine came over yesterday to give me a fragging lesson. We cut the OG into 3 "LiL" OGs. I was really nervous watching the scalpel go through them. I guess now we just wait and hope they make it?

thumbnail.jpeg
How big was it when you got it?

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about the size of a dime
Cool I’m thinking of getting one as a “investment” but am hesitant due to it being the first coral in the tank and the cost. How fast did your pay for itself?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back