Good 48 inch LED strip

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to upgrade my lighting for my 120 mixed reef. Right now I've got 3 noopsyche k7 pro 2s on it, and am going to build a new light rack to add some led strip lights at an angle like you see on t5 led hybrids to light the sides of my rock and coral better. It's just supplemental so doesn't need to be amazing, but I want it to be at least decently good and work well with my noopsyche in terms of color (a lot of cold white) with decent PAR without being overly expensive. I'm considering the orphek OR3 but they are at the top of my ideal price range. Anyone have any other suggestions of brands and models to look into?

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefbrite have the best spread and quality but or3 have the best color and lower price. But both are top choices in my opinion and not one is better than another.

djsmallz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reefbreeders led light bars, they have been great for supplemental lighting. The prices are great as well.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to go cheap you can get the knockoff orphek bars on ebay or aliexpress from a US warehouse so reasonable shipping. If want to go cheap and have more options can order same things unbranded straight from Chinese manufacturer.

I did that as a test for one of my frag tanks to see how they did. Have quickly become my favorite lights and eventually plan to replace 3 xr30w and a Viparspecta on my other frag tanks with the same thing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back