Good Battery Backup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I get ready to move and set up my new tank I thought it was about time to invest in a battery backup of some kind. I know that vortech has one but it only works with their pumps and I saw that jebao also has one but would it work with the gyre or a Hyrdor pump? If not, what is there a different option? Also a generator is not an option as I will be living in a third floor apartment
 
APC... I have a data center that runs off a full APC Symmetra 40 kW UPS Battery unit to Caterpillar 350 kW 3406 Diesel generator for DR and longer term power outages while I don't think you need to go to that extreme for a normally sized hobbyist tank setup... APC makes a multitude of small, mid-size unit that will fit your build out.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new