Good beginner clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,345
Reaction score
1,616
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not getting one now. But starting research. I've always been interested, but years ago, when I was in the hobby, they were considered pretty hard to care for. It seems like that's not the case anymore (correct me if I'm wrong!). Is there a post somewhere showing the various types of clams available in the trade and the pros/cons of each one? I want one of the ultra colored ones, preferably. I have a 32g biocube (small tank, yes, how long could one stay in a tank this size?) with nanobox reef LED lights. Is there a list of things you shouldn't keep with clams, other than fish that may nip them (shouldn't be an issue for me, but are there no-no inverts?)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new