OP
Rednamalas

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cocoa damsels are very friendly and live in a small school. Don’t even bother me at all when I go to clean the tank or mess with corals
Wow I never thought the day would come, but I think I’m gonna get a damsel! Wow those words feel weird to even type, thanks you guys for being such great helps!

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone suggesting the blue devil as a non aggressive fish are cracking me up lol

for my part: neon goby

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying for a while to track down a starki damsel for my Lagoon. They are a peaceful damsel with great coloration but they aren’t always available and they are expensive

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if a ‘nano’ for you is at least 20 gallons. A flameback angel or cherub angel have good amounts of blue on them. Love my cherub, I have a 20 long.

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sapphire damsel Chrysiptera cf. springeri so blue so pretty and peaceful. I put it in a nano with a super aggressive clown that attacked anything I put in the tank including my hand. For whatever reason once I put it in the clown chilled out and doesn't bite anymore
20200730_070736.jpg
+ 1 on the Springeri. I have one and it’s mellow To its mates, social and active

cd459

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I assumed as much about the chromis, but you're sure about the damsels not showing any signs of aggression? Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, it's just that having peaceful damsels goes against everything I've learned haha.

if you can find a starki or springeri those would be my top choice. I have a starki now and it’s one of my favorites. The yellow tail would be my next choice. I think the most important factor after tank size is rock scape. Damsels love rocks and without them they won’t feel safe and secure. The worst damsels are the domino/striped ones, but those are a different genus.

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that if you want a damsel its best to put it in last. They can become aggressive if put in first and consider the entire tank their territory. I had a friend whose damsel attacked and killed everything in his tank. It was the first fish he out in and nothing else was left alone as he added new fish. Eventually he removed it and it was re-homed in another tank, same size, and hasn't shown the least bit of aggression since being re-homed. There are 5 other fish in his new home....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back