Good excuses please

joe_ayres

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just brought home a new tank and to my girlfriends surprise it's a lot bigger than she thought and she says it's far to big for the living room and wants it gone lol any good excuses I can give to make her change her mind ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452806336.754974.jpg

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with tankstudy lol looks like a 55g if I'm not mistaken?
Maybe you can show her pics of nice similar tanks on the forum and show her how nice it will compliment the living room.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well speaking from a woman's pov , being that I'm the reefer in the family 1. I let him buy something he's been wanting 2. I get his guy friends , that are my friends too , to tell him how great the tank looks etc. and he will brag about it in a heart beat. And when all fails I tell him oh well I already bought it and can't take it back! :D just curious, how big of a tank did you say you were getting? Btw it looks nice there, lol.

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
show her photos of what the tank will look like in the near future. Try to explain the benefits of having this tank compared to going out to drink and smoke at bars ( just saying)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She said............. it's to big!?!
Time for the [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] in action.
IMO it is to big, :eek:
There are many excuses, one is that you need this size for the fish to stay alive and once you grow corals and sell these RARE mushrooms for 1K P/P I'm sure she will like you and your tank even more.
Other will say get a bigger one and get rid of your GF but you don't hear me saying that ;)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fill it with water and tell her it's too late... can't be moved now. lol

Seriously though, there are some good ideas in there. Some solid truth mixed with a little flattery over a nice diner will help smooth things out. Ask if she will give it a chance... let you start it up and make it pretty then see if she likes it.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off it is "HER" living room. You must always keep that in mind. So what I do is get my wife involved in deciding what kind of tank and where it can go in "HER" living room. The tank is invading "HER" space. Now if you had a basement the tank would be down there and she could care less. Once you realise it is in your best interest to get a tank she likes in "HER" living room the more money you will be able to drop on the tank. My wife only wants the best equipment and corals and fish in the aquarium in "HER" living room. So get with the program and get a real nice tank with Approval.:)

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off it is "HER" living room. You must always keep that in mind. So what I do is get my wife involved in deciding what kind of tank and where it can go in "HER" living room. The tank is invading "HER" space. Now if you had a basement the tank would be down there and she could care less. Once you realise it is in your best interest to get a tank she likes in "HER" living room the more money you will be able to drop on the tank. My wife only wants the best equipment and corals and fish in the aquarium in "HER" living room. So it with the program and get a real nice tank with Approval.:)

Very nicely put! Accurate to a T

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fill it with water and tell her it's too late... can't be moved now. lol

Seriously though, there are some good ideas in there. Some solid truth mixed with a little flattery over a nice diner will help smooth things out. Ask if she will give it a chance... let you start it up and make it pretty then see if she likes it.

The best so far!!
It's full............ too late!!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off it is "HER" living room. You must always keep that in mind. So what I do is get my wife involved in deciding what kind of tank and where it can go in "HER" living room. The tank is invading "HER" space. Now if you had a basement the tank would be down there and she could care less. Once you realise it is in your best interest to get a tank she likes in "HER" living room the more money you will be able to drop on the tank. My wife only wants the best equipment and corals and fish in the aquarium in "HER" living room. So get with the program and get a real nice tank with Approval.:)

Here's the way to go...well put.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%

Back