Good LEDs for a Small Frag Tank

Kerbash

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
260
Reaction score
174
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup,

Im looking to build a small frag tank to keep my extra corals, I got everything set up now except the LEDs, does anyone have a recommendation for a good LED for a frag tank? I know its getting harder but I would really prefer not going over $200 :P. The new frag tank is 31 in x 24 in x 12 in, super shallow.

Thanks!
 
i dont really care honestly, stand or ceiling is good with me


You could possibly get two nicrew 50w hyperreefs. They run $99 each. A third would be helpful down the road depending on what corals you get. They are decent budget lights and have a wider spectrum compared to a lot of cheaper lights out there. They come with mounting arms but a par meter would be handy so you could play around with mounting styles for a shallow tank.
 
I run 3 16hds on my 36x24x12.
You could start with one and add as you need.
I am impressed with these as they replaced MH on this system.
20220317_101036.jpg
20220403_161640.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new