Good light for corals?

FrostyWriter021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval evo and I want to get a new light to upgrade from the light that the tank comes with. The goal is to just grow softies and a few hammers. Any suggestions?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a fluval evo and I want to get a new light to upgrade from the light that the tank comes with. The goal is to just grow softies and a few hammers. Any suggestions?
Orphek OR3 light bars

Ai Prime or hydra 26hd

Noopsyche K7 pro

OP
OP
F

FrostyWriter021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which would be the cheapest but with the best results? I don't see a lot of growth with my light now, I have an ato and I don't have enough corals to change my parameters.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which would be the cheapest but with the best results? I don't see a lot of growth with my light now, I have an ato and I don't have enough corals to change my parameters.
Orphek OR3 light bars

Ai Prime or hydra 26hd

Noopsyche K7 pro
Ai Prime 16 HD is all you need. @vetteguy53081 , I think a 26hd is too much.

Look online or join a local reef club on FB. Good lights are expensive, but sometimes you can find deals on gently used lighting...for a fraction of new.

I recently bought a AI Prime 16hd with gooseneck and mounting brackets for $120. That's like a $350 value. Light was brand new in box, gooseneck/brackets not even opened yet...used for 1 month.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ai Prime 16 HD is all you need. @vetteguy53081 , I think a 26hd is too much.

Look online or join a local reef club on FB. Good lights are expensive, but sometimes you can find deals on gently used lighting...for a fraction of new.

I recently bought a AI Prime 16hd with gooseneck and mounting brackets for $120. That's like a $350 value. Light was brand new in box, gooseneck/brackets not even opened yet...used for 1 month.
Prime was mentioned
I mentioned Hydra which can be ramped down but often when one upgrades to larger tank, the hydra will grow with them without need for a whole new light. Fir the small price difference, it only makes sense

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find lights that are gently used online, or from someone in your local area that would be the way to go. Lights can get fairly expensive pretty quickly if you want high-quality lights

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicrew 50w or even the 30w puck style

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back