78ad6676-43d5-4d1b-b66b-7cf1fd77697d-jpeg.844821
Nice looking tank.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone, hope you all have a great weekend :). Last Saturday my husband and I were impatiently waiting to see when we could get back to our house in Hatteras NC, luckily they lifted the restrictions at 2:30, we were very lucky and a good part of the island dodged a dreaded bullet. I didn’t have to worry about my tank as sadly I lost it last year due to a crash while being away on vacation :(. ( yes the looking forward to but dreaded vacation when you have SW tank) But I’m looking to hit the buy button in my Amazon prime cart the first part of next month:Dfor a new nano tank. Be watching for a new thread from me soon:D.
Glad you were able to get back home and hope you didn't suffer any significant damage. I remember how I felt waiting to get back home post Rita. They allowed us a "Look & Leave" period about a week later and it was about another week before they unblocked all of the entrances to town. That was a long time not knowing what to expect, knowing that the towns along the coast were wiped off of the map. Hurricanes suck.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm home & that makes it a real good morning for me ! Monday I suffered a hernia & blocked bowel. It came on in a single day , called the emt's for a ride to the hospital. I lost about 7 inches of intestine & my navel ! Come on, who wants to loose their Beloved Belly Button? It's been with me my entire life. Anyway the emotional loss can wait. I felt terrible for the week on nothing but ice water & dam little of that I was so thirsty & still hurts like hell ! I have some really great friends & neighbors ! Mark took great care of my water baby's My lawn was all mowed & tree's trimmed Thanks to Dave & Miss Lori cleaned my house ! I couldn't believe it ! I will forever be in debt to these fine People . I'm home & happy for that. I haven't had any alcohol in 6 days & don't intend to start again. Most of all I have a fresh regard for others who are feeling under the weather like a few of my good Friends here at R2R. It's nice to be home !

Man, a lot to go through! Glad your feeling better!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you were able to get back home and hope you didn't suffer any significant damage. I remember how I felt waiting to get back home post Rita. They allowed us a "Look & Leave" period about a week later and it was about another week before they unblocked all of the entrances to town. That was a long time not knowing what to expect, knowing that the towns along the coast were wiped off of the map. Hurricanes suck.
Thank you, some minor flooding, but it definitely could have been so much worse like other areas of N.C. and SC, my heart goes out to them.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm home & that makes it a real good morning for me ! Monday I suffered a hernia & blocked bowel. It came on in a single day , called the emt's for a ride to the hospital. I lost about 7 inches of intestine & my navel ! Come on, who wants to loose their Beloved Belly Button? It's been with me my entire life. Anyway the emotional loss can wait. I felt terrible for the week on nothing but ice water & dam little of that I was so thirsty & still hurts like hell ! I have some really great friends & neighbors ! Mark took great care of my water baby's My lawn was all mowed & tree's trimmed Thanks to Dave & Miss Lori cleaned my house ! I couldn't believe it ! I will forever be in debt to these fine People . I'm home & happy for that. I haven't had any alcohol in 6 days & don't intend to start again. Most of all I have a fresh regard for others who are feeling under the weather like a few of my good Friends here at R2R. It's nice to be home !
Rest up and get well soon!

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, some minor flooding, but it definitely could have been so much worse like other areas of N.C. and SC, my heart goes out to them.
There were some areas that were really bad. My dad sent me this picture of his house 20180922_112940.jpg
This was Mt. Olive. And my brother lives near Goldsboro and that area was completely shut down due to flooding.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were some areas that were really bad. My dad sent me this picture of his house 20180922_112940.jpg
This was Mt. Olive. And my brother lives near Goldsboro and that area was completely shut down due to flooding.
Oh no. That’s terrible. There are a few towns that are a mess for sure.

On another note - next time you guys visit them...head northeast and stop by the beach :D

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My greatest loss was my tank. 2 weeks+ with no power and not being able to stay at home. It was a horrible, stinky mess by that time.

RIP to my old 75. Still miss it after 13 years.

Reef05=med.jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't wonder why he is all over this forum 24/7:D:p

I’m pretty sure we can figure out who all is drinking death wish here on R2R based on the amount of post generated in 24 hours.. :D ;Hilarious

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure we can figure out who all is drinking death wish here on R2R based on the amount of post generated in 24 hours.. :D ;Hilarious
Guilty;Hilarious;Hilarious I believe I started the deathwish trend, still waiting on my commission check:p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back