Good Morning!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else get some funky buildup (looks like salt, but brownish) in their water jugs after a while? I've been using reef crystals for the last year or so and it seems like I'm getting some funky buildup lately. Might just be that it's way past time that I cleaned em out.

I don’t but hear of many who do

anti caking agent or something or other. RC is known for it. it's what I'm using. can't see much gray in the Brute right now. too cold to take it out and scrub it.

Good information! I have noticed a brown buildup in my w/c bucket, and I used RC for years. I've been using Tropic Marin recently and the buildup preceded the change to Tropic Marin. I don't do anything with it other than scrub out my w/c bucket on occasion with a brush and no soap/chemicals. It's my original w/c bucket from over 12 years ago and I guess I'm attached to it...plus I put my coral vendor stickers on it! ;Hilarious

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Has anyone acclimated an empty bag before? Well, I did that yesterday! ;Shamefullyembarrased I had a new cleanup crew coming from Liveaquaria....a few emerald crabs, hermits, and snails in 4 bags, 3 of which were black on the bottom. Since I was in a meeting, I taped them all inside my canopy to temperature acclimate in my usual fashion before adding tank water. I went through my usual process and added the emerald crabs, check, hermits, check, one bag of snails, check, and the last bag of snails....where are they?!?! I reached all around the bag because they sometimes clump together in one blob....nothing! I pulled the inner bag and it was clearly empty. I thought maybe they escaped into the outer bag, but nope, nothing! I had a bag marked as 10 banded trochus snails with nothing in the bag!! I called and everything will be taken care of....after the girl could stop laughing, that is. She cracked up when I told her I had acclimated an empty bag. ;Hilarious

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies
mrs is home sick. :(
I made the leg worse carrying stuff up from the basement.:mad:
hurting lower now towards the repaired achilles.
I don't even want to go through that again.
and if I do, might need some of you to come over and take car of the tank.:)
anyways... it's chili here.
chili.JPEG

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning! Has anyone acclimated an empty bag before? Well, I did that yesterday! ;Shamefullyembarrased I had a new cleanup crew coming from Liveaquaria....a few emerald crabs, hermits, and snails in 4 bags, 3 of which were black on the bottom. Since I was in a meeting, I taped them all inside my canopy to temperature acclimate in my usual fashion before adding tank water. I went through my usual process and added the emerald crabs, check, hermits, check, one bag of snails, check, and the last bag of snails....where are they?!?! I reached all around the bag because they sometimes clump together in one blob....nothing! I pulled the inner bag and it was clearly empty. I thought maybe they escaped into the outer bag, but nope, nothing! I had a bag marked as 10 banded trochus snails with nothing in the bag!! I called and everything will be taken care of....after the girl could stop laughing, that is. She cracked up when I told her I had acclimated an empty bag. ;Hilarious

At least you didn't QT it!!! :oops:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning. Back at it...

hamster running GIF

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Im off to Dickson this morning to pick up supplies. Kroger for groceries, Tractor Supply for pine shavings and chicken food, etc. Haven’t driven my truck in a while so that will be fun.
Today is major water test day and will prob service my return pump and change floss.
Im a little sore this morning but may still change one more faucet.
Have a great day!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was watching a movie with my husband the other night on our couch. I hear my phone start buzzing and realize I left it in the kitchen. Ugh! I get up to go to the kitchen to see who could be texting me so late. It must be important. I pick up my phone and on the screen is a text from my husband that says, “Please bring the chips on your way back.”

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching a movie with my husband the other night on our couch. I hear my phone start buzzing and realize I left it in the kitchen. Ugh! I get up to go to the kitchen to see who could be texting me so late. It must be important. I pick up my phone and on the screen is a text from my husband that says, “Please bring the chips on your way back.”
when's the stand up tour? :D

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Im off to Dickson this morning to pick up supplies. Kroger for groceries, Tractor Supply for pine shavings and chicken food, etc. Haven’t driven my truck in a while so that will be fun.
Today is major water test day and will prob service my return pump and change floss.
Have a great day!
I too need bedding and chicken food and also go to tractor supply

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Have a great day!
I too need bedding and chicken food and also go to tractor supply
I'm getting my frag/grow out tank from Tractor Supply.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I be aiming for? I do run a lot of carbon. Problem?
kidding.
my numbers are much higher. I don't advocate it, but it's working well for me.
and the local god father of coral told me if I'm not keeping sps, besides monti's I'm fine. :cool:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 55 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 56 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back