Good Morning!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all! Week 4 of having closed down my restaurant. I hope all is well and everybody is hanging in there!

This is very sad. Are you able to do delivery and takeout?

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very sad. Are you able to do delivery and takeout?

No, It's a small., fine dining place. We do a tasting menu.

My main concern was being able to cover my teams health insurance through the summer. We are all bunkered down until this passes..

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all! Week 4 of having closed down my restaurant. I hope all is well and everybody is hanging in there!
Week 4 myself, Head chef/kitchen manager in a local restaurant. We can do take out, but in our little town, not much call for it. So we just decided to stay closed till our governor allows up to open back up.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My main concern was being able to cover my teams health insurance through the summer. We are all bunkered down until this passes..
Good on you! I've lost health insurance for my wife and myself due to this as I was not able to pay my premium at unemployment rates.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very generous and admirable of you to help cover insurance. I hope your team members are appreciative.

Good on you! I've lost health insurance for my wife and myself due to this as I was not able to pay my premium at unemployment rates.

This really sucks and is the case with many unemployed now. I get a kick out of people when they go on about Cobra insurance without ever having had to have it for themselves. The premiums are simply ridiculous!

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone rags on government funded health care and programs for the unemployed. Don't rag on it, till you actually need it, and see whats actually available. Lucky enough for me is I can do the NYS health marketplace. For the time being, I'm going on medicaid. Hate the idea of using "hand outs", as I've had a full time job since I was 16, and was brought up to always work for what I want/need. In this trying time, I'll take any "hand out" someone wants to give me.

And lets not talk about COBRA. The premiums are absolutely outrageous!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this whole thing has not yet wrecked the situation for me and my wife, the kids are graduating college in May, technically anyway. And those jobs that thought they had... poof.

If you know of anyone looking for someone who does "Translation and localization of Japanese media and gaming platforms" please let me know. Or recruiting work for technology companies.

I am sure they will make it OK; just not coming off the payroll as early as planned.

On the bright side I received my Aquarium Engineering ACR the other day. Been staring at the beast since then, hoping it assembles itself somehow. Maybe give it a week on its own before I intervene. Have to wait on more media anyway.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back