Good Morning!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anther tuesday morning! Chilly, and rainy to say the least. Thought June was supposed to be the start of summer, not spring?

Got woken up to my dogs going crazy at 4am. Had a rather large momma bear(over 6 foot when up on her hind legs, and well into the 500 pound range) and her 2 cubs were in my driveway. They must have smelt the pork loin I cooked on the grill last night. I dumped the grease into the woods well away from my house on a stump I normally put a salt lick on for the deer. By the sounds of it, she was ripping that stump to shreds! I'm curious to see what it looks like when the sun comes up.

Funny part apart wild animals, if you open the door and yell at them, they typically run away. Bears ran away after getting yelled at, and the dogs finally settled down, but of course now I'm up and awake!

Good morning all!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My friend told me he had the body of a Greek god. I had to explain to him that Buddha is not Greek.

1591102385772.png

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
92 degrees here today !!!

1591103291593.png

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anther tuesday morning! Chilly, and rainy to say the least. Thought June was supposed to be the start of summer, not spring?

Got woken up to my dogs going crazy at 4am. Had a rather large momma bear(over 6 foot when up on her hind legs, and well into the 500 pound range) and her 2 cubs were in my driveway. They must have smelt the pork loin I cooked on the grill last night. I dumped the grease into the woods well away from my house on a stump I normally put a salt lick on for the deer. By the sounds of it, she was ripping that stump to shreds! I'm curious to see what it looks like when the sun comes up.

Funny part apart wild animals, if you open the door and yell at them, they typically run away. Bears ran away after getting yelled at, and the dogs finally settled down, but of course now I'm up and awake!

Good morning all!

Woah that’s crazy!!! Where do you live to have bears!?

Morning everyone!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
morning yall

some police helicopter action last night, despite being pretty far out from the ATL action.

no bears here, but i counted our 5th Eastern Box turtle nest on our property this morning. Im currently checking with County Resource management to see if they are considered endangered. if so- i can get an exemption for HOA mandated lawn work, lol

2445B01D-764A-45F1-8DA4-91F2678735FF.jpeg

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
morning yall

some police helicopter action last night, despite being pretty far out from the ATL action.

no bears here, but i counted our 5th Eastern Box turtle nest on our property this morning. Im currently checking with County Resource management to see if they are considered endangered. if so- i can get an exemption for HOA mandated lawn work, lol

2445B01D-764A-45F1-8DA4-91F2678735FF.jpeg
you are blessed

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are blessed
i wish our HOA thought that way

weve been getting massive pressure to relandscape a large portion of our property that ended up behind our fence (due to a misreading of the setback covenants by an HOA member, which they failed to address after i pointed it out) and ive been pushing back on it due to the amount of literal habitat destruction it would represent. We currently have red tailed hawk and eastern great owls nesting in a particular privet thicket that they want gone, turtles, snakes, chipmunks, rabbit. we even had a family of foxes. but they want it all trmmed down to the ground and landscaped. weve fought it for a year, but theyve threatened to levy liens on the house.

id love it if RM told us its now a protected habitat. im pretty sure the HOA president would have an aneurysm

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
We have/had a red fox in our neighborhood. Several people freaked out, the police were called. I am not sure what they were supposed to do. Panic on Facebook.

I really have no use for people like that. You have probably noticed I am not great at watching what I say either.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
We have/had a red fox in our neighborhood. Several people freaked out, the police were called. I am not sure what they were supposed to do. Panic on Facebook.

I really have no use for people like that. You have probably noticed I am not great at watching what I say either.
wait

people freaked out over a red fox?

we have a pack of 6-8 coyotes that patrol around the lake, taking cats and small dogs if they are let alone outside in the evening. a bunch of people called a private exterminator to cull them, so i doxxed it on FB page and there was uproar.

wild animals being wild, broskis. if you dont want your cat to get eaten- dont leave it out.

but lets not mention how many birds and other animals a single cat can kill in a week.

Back