Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your min flow rate on unit ,i would go there ;)
To do that I would have to get a 40 watt unit.
I guessed at my flow. Did the setpup and then measured it by diverting the flow into a bucket.
4 gallons in 18 seconds = 800gph
Sterilization flow is 1226 for the Aqua UV 80w classic.

I expect I am very close to this number since I changed the head height on the drain 2 inches diverting it into a bucket.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still havent
IMG_2817_heic-M.jpg

Oh Noes! Sump cooties.
IMG_2816_heic-M.jpg
IMG_2808-S.jpg

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Well I got half the stuff done I wanted to this weekend. Picked up a small foxface rabbitfish and finally got the 7 stage RODI system installed/running. The new fish is hanging out with a 6-line wrasse in the basement frag tank for a couple weeks of observation before I put him to work. I've almost got the pieces collected to finish the mixing station. The plan is to add spigots to both of those brutes, set up a pump in the FW side to pump water to the SW side and then have that one running a couple big powerheads and heaters for the mixing. It'd really be nice to get a strong enough second pump to pump the SW upstairs so I don't have to lug buckets of water.. In our guest bathroom there's actually an old laundry chute that I could run a hose through, but I'd have to convince the missus that its a good idea lol.

0713201031.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just burned 2,000 calories.
That’s the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
Vetteguy already made brownies and had a nap. I guess I am lazy and old.
I just got up 2 hours ago. All I have done is made coffee, watered the plants and moved the pressure washer onto the deck and set it up. I need to go get some gas and deck cleaner.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Well I got half the stuff done I wanted to this weekend. Picked up a small foxface rabbitfish and finally got the 7 stage RODI system installed/running. The new fish is hanging out with a 6-line wrasse in the basement frag tank for a couple weeks of observation before I put him to work. I've almost got the pieces collected to finish the mixing station. The plan is to add spigots to both of those brutes, set up a pump in the FW side to pump water to the SW side and then have that one running a couple big powerheads and heaters for the mixing. It'd really be nice to get a strong enough second pump to pump the SW upstairs so I don't have to lug buckets of water.. In our guest bathroom there's actually an old laundry chute that I could run a hose through, but I'd have to convince the missus that its a good idea lol.

0713201031.jpg

Looking good!

I SOOOOOO recommend running a line upstairs. I use that line in both directions. The return pump shoots water down the line and into my sewer waste line. Flip some valves. Hit a remote power supply that drives a pond pump in my salty barrel for a 40G WC in 20 minutes easy.

A couple of pics of the valve setup that me & my LFS came up with.

IMG-4632.jpg IMG-4631.jpg

Back