Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I am dragging quite a bit.
Ordered me some shirts
proxy-image

proxy-image

Last edited:

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning Reefers!
We had a nice day yesterday. First off, my Tennessee Titans gave the Colts a good beating.
We had tickets to go see the holiday lights at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens in Nashville last night. It was raining but we bundled up and went anyway. We are sponsors so we go to all the events there. Probably about 2 miles of walking in the rain but we’ll worth it. There is an artist that does huge (some are 20’ tall) blown glass sculptures who has an outdoor display going on there right now. Some pretty spectacular stuff.
Amazon delivered my second wave maker first thing this morning (5:00am), gotta love overnight delivery. Now that I’m fully stocked with corals ( are we EVER really done buying corals though? ), I’m not getting enough flow at one end of the tank. I’ll get that installed today while I’m replacing some filter media.
Cool, rainy and windy here this morning and the temps will be dropping as the day goes on. 40% chance of a dusting of snow later today.
Gotta keep my girls warm, four out of the five are molting and two of those are pretty bald. Pretty pathetic looking! The hen house is knee deep in feathers already and it was just cleaned on Saturday.
Wishing Y’all a happy Cyber Monday. Remember to give those credit cards a chance to cool off in between orders. LOL!
Be Safe!
Be Healthy!
Be Happy!
&
Be Kind!
Y’all are the greatest!
:)
Mike

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's a bit chilly this morning at -9. Bundle up and put on those Longjohns for sure. It's my Friday! 8 more hours and then 2 whole days off. Gotta do a lot of laundry and clean my house then clean the fish's house. Have a great day and stay safe!
I also have to pick up my partner swag at the PO today! I will be able to dress like one of the cool kids!
i am so fancy matthew broderick GIF

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
Boiler update: still out. no heat/hot water since Saturday.
part is supposed to be in today. and we got snow.
house temps holding at 65. glad we paid for the extra insulation when we had the siding put on this summer.

went to the lfs yesterday for fish food. left with a single head of frog spawn and a green monti ( I broke, so now I have 3)
:cool:

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
house temps holding at 65. glad we paid for the extra insulation when we had the siding put on this summer.

went to the lfs yesterday for fish food. left with a single head of frog spawn and a green monti ( I broke, so now I have 3)
65 is perfect to me. Just wear some sweats and socks and be super comfy. The no hot water sucks though. I hope you get the part in sooner than later. We are getting a heat wave this week out here. High of 37 on Saturday. Might have to break out the shorts.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65 is perfect to me. Just wear some sweats and socks and be super comfy. The no hot water sucks though. I hope you get the part in sooner than later. We are getting a heat wave this week out here. High of 37 on Saturday. Might have to break out the shorts.
Good Morning Reefies.

37*, Holy Cow! You’re gonna be cookin compared to the temps you have now. BRRRRRRRR!

I got a pink Monti a few weeks back. It wasn’t happy where I had it so I moved it. Broke off a chunk while handling so I decided to glue that piece to a frag plug. I must have touched it too aggressively cause it all sloughed off the skeleton within a few days. The large piece is doing well but it has a piece missing. :(

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, usually have the in house temp set to 68.
it's the no hot water/ no shower thing that is a bother.
told the wife we shoulda filled the tub and dropped the backup
EHEIM 300 watter in. :D

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, usually have the in house temp set to 68.
it's the no hot water/ no shower thing that is a bother.
told the wife we shoulda filled the tub and dropped the backup
EHEIM 300 watter in. :D
That's not a bad idea. It might take a few hours but hey, just do it before bed time. HAHA

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had our heat go out last year when we were in a pretty cold snap, for here anyway. Temps at night were in the mid 20’s. They had to order parts and it took a week to get it fixed. We had to go out and get an oil filled space heater for the bird room to keep the parrots comfy. The house got pretty darn cold. Just sitting on the toilet seat in the morning was an experience. Wahooo, that’ll wake you up!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Saturday, i mentioned that i took off my fitbit. i really liked the heart rate monitoring. it tracked my sleep levels and how long i slept. what i did not recognize is that the activity monitor would buzz my wrist starting at 8:50 AM to remind me to get my hour's steps in. duh, alarm clock! it also notified me of texts and phone calls, on my iPhone that i leave downstairs on charge at night. since Friday, i sleep deeper, longer, and have no proof of it.
Good rested morning, starting at 11:30, to all!

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is great, but where are the before shots? lol
No before shots this time. I’m pretty OCD so it never really gets too out of hand.
Used the frag rack that I don’t have room in the tank for anymore and made a syringe holder and glued up some magnets to organizes the metal tools.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Saturday, i mentioned that i took off my fitbit. i really liked the heart rate monitoring. it tracked my sleep levels and how long i slept. what i did not recognize is that the activity monitor would buzz my wrist starting at 8:50 AM to remind me to get my hour's steps in. duh, alarm clock! it also notified me of texts and phone calls, on my iPhone that i leave downstairs on charge at night. since Friday, i sleep deeper, longer, and have no proof of it.
Good rested morning, starting at 11:30, to all!
I recently got a Kardia for taking in home EKG’s. Amazon had them for like $89.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately Our Daughters summer house in Vermont had a huge fire on Thanksgiving where we normally go for a couple of days burnt down. Not all of it, just the new extension that was just finished this year. That is the barn to the right that is totally gone and where the fire started The flames jumped to their house on the left.
That was a big front end loader in the barn

Vermont fire 3.JPG Vermont fire 1.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back