Good Morning!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I finished this cool Steam Punk lamp. It is "really" Steam Punk because it was made from an oiler from a 19th century steam Locomotive. It is solid brass and weighs about 10lbs. It has "firelights" and those glass tubes have fluorescent liquid in them that I made from the stuff in highlighters. They have ultra violet LEDs under them.

Lamp.jpg

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G’mornin Friends!
Headed out this morning to get some shopping done, hit the coin-op car wash to blast off the Escape and then the LFS in Nashville.
When I was servicing the car yesterday, I realized that we had a parking light out on the drivers front. Decided to replace bulbs on both sides. What a nightmare! I love my Fords but whoever designed that Escape should be stoned, with real stones!
In order to get to the bulbs, the front wheels have to come off, full wheel well liner has to be removed and then you need two hands to reach in to remove the bulb Which is behind some razor sharp metal crash supports. Not enough room even with my skinny little “girl hands”! My hands are so beat up today and my forearms are all cut up.
I talked to a friend who works at ford and he told me they charge 3 hours labor to replace that bulb (per side).
CRAZY!

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of it is bruising because of the meds I take. I bruise very easily.
I need to look in the barn to see if I have gloves. Need to work in the tank today and there are a ton of Zoa’s in there. 667A0253-B404-487B-A894-6C4AE07458AA.jpeg B0B25D69-64FB-4671-A62B-C989469CA335.jpeg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did manage the straighten up the fish room a little. Husband cleaned out the garage...kind of. Otherwise, I booked a trip to Florida to see my mom in May! I'm pretty excited about that. She will be 89 next month. It's been too long since I've seen her and my brother (her caregiver). :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My wife yelled to me from upstairs. She yelled, “Do you ever get a shooting pain across your body? Like someone has a voodoo doll of you and they’re stabbing it?”
“Ummm… no. Why?” I asked. She said, “How about now?”

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife yelled to me from upstairs. She yelled, “Do you ever get a shooting pain across your body? Like someone has a voodoo doll of you and they’re stabbing it?”
“Ummm… no. Why?” I asked. She said, “How about now?”
dos equis lol GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish store score!
I bought a colony of hairy shrooms (11 on the rock) because the Clowns have been showing interest in my other ones.
Told the manager about the Fungia that didn’t make it. I also told him I understand that they have no control over corals once they leave the store. I just asked if he would give me a small break on the price of something else.
He said I could pick out 2 frags on him!
Got a nice Birdsnest frag and another SPS which I already forgot the name of.
Both settled in nicely already.
I haven’t attached the 2 SPS yet cause I need to figure out what kind of flow they want. 598577CF-2BAE-4ACE-9948-1A7B28C36CAB.jpeg 9E88B20F-4A46-4EFB-AD71-1C4CE8F71B56.jpeg CFC2BAF7-3789-4065-8A8A-5E397B82FDD9.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Fish store score!
I bought a colony of hairy shrooms (11 on the rock) because the Clowns have been showing interest in my other ones.
Told the manager about the Fungia that didn’t make it. I also told him I understand that they have no control over corals once they leave the store. I just asked if he would give me a small break on the price of something else.
He said I could pick out 2 frags on him!
Got a nice Birdsnest frag and another SPS which I already forgot the name of.
Both settled in nicely already.
I haven’t attached the 2 SPS yet cause I need to figure out what kind of flow they want. 598577CF-2BAE-4ACE-9948-1A7B28C36CAB.jpeg 9E88B20F-4A46-4EFB-AD71-1C4CE8F71B56.jpeg CFC2BAF7-3789-4065-8A8A-5E397B82FDD9.jpeg
Nice !!!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the News just now I saw this WW 2 Veteran who is 100 years old. They were honoring him and had a parade for him. I thought he looked familiar and he is. He is my friends Dad.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It’s a brisk 10° this morning. We are expecting a couple of people n es of the white stuff today. I don’t really mind it since it will melt in a day or two. I just hope it doesn’t rain. The internet is down at work so work should be interesting. I have 16 to go before my weekend. The best part is I get paid double time at my second job. They might have to drag me out. Have a great day and stay safe!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
there I was, just sleeping and minding my own business,
thought oops i forgot about the food cooking.
no I don't have something on the stove,,, Do I?
just to be sure i came downstairs to check... no Of course not,,, but I'm up and the coffee is ready, so...
and another Monday begins!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning like every morning I took a walk. I walk about two miles so it's not like I will be entering the Olympics or anything. It was 23 degrees and it was just before the sun came up.

All of a sudden I got this uncontrollable urge to do the Macarana and I twisted my knee. One of my knees was replaced a while ago with aluminum or "Mastic". (some kind of fish food copperbands are supposed to like but I am guessing)

I almost fell down as it was a little painful and I contemplated calling the paramedics just because I wanted to see if they had a helicopter. Then I realized it wasn't that bad so I limped home and put some of that "heat rub" stuff on the knee.

Now everyone knows none of that stuff ever does anything for pain but it smells so good. I have a few different kinds, some smell like pine trees, some like cedar and some like camphor so I use all of them at the same time.

I am still in pain but I smell like a forest filed with mosquito repellent which is kind of refreshing.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 140 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.3%
Back