Good or bad starfish?

elcapitan1993

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
819
Reaction score
334
Location
white city
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
372AEE41-B278-448F-B0A6-D1C3BEAF12E3.jpeg
 
It’s a two fold answer. For many, they’re a nightmare and will eat zoas not to mention breed like mice
Some want them for algae but not worth it
They’re called asterina star
 
Get rid of it as stated above they breed like rabbits pretty soon you will have a million of them..
 
The little stars in my tank are what I wish upon.
 

Attachments

  • DE01BFD1-DF80-4232-B58C-ED2BCF189ED9.jpeg
    DE01BFD1-DF80-4232-B58C-ED2BCF189ED9.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 61
  • C19483C7-482E-4992-AF28-0875988092A2.jpeg
    C19483C7-482E-4992-AF28-0875988092A2.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 40
It’s a two fold answer. For many, they’re a nightmare and will eat zoas not to mention breed like mice
Some want them for algae but not worth it
They’re called asterina star
I have a lot of zoas in my tank so that would not be good lol, could I put it in my sump? Or should I just take it out?
 
I have a lot of zoas in my tank so that would not be good lol, could I put it in my sump? Or should I just take it out?
I would rid of them totally. It takes time but remove by hand and net
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new