is this worm good or bad? I dip all my corals yet here he is

20230808_230452.jpg 20230808_230455.jpg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms I wouldn’t have them in my tank . Some people like them as part of there CUC . For me they cause more harm then good .

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They creep me out… i have them in my tank. Arrow crabs eat these little creeps if you want to keep the numbers down

bluemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It saddens me to see bristleworm hate around the forums :(

They are good creatures and will not eat anything you want to keep alive unless it's already dying

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It saddens me to see bristleworm hate around the forums :(

They are good creatures and will not eat anything you want to keep alive unless it's already dying
So Ill be completely honest. Ive got a severe phobia about centipedes and millipedes. The bristleworm with its arm like things looks exactly like that to me and I scream every time I find a big one in my tank. I dont take them out and kill them, Im not that mean, I just get the arrow crabs and let them have a good food source! Thats the only reason I hate them. If they didnt have those arm things I would be completely fine!

bluemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ill be completely honest. Ive got a severe phobia about centipedes and millipedes. The bristleworm with its arm like things looks exactly like that to me and I scream every time I find a big one in my tank. I dont take them out and kill them, Im not that mean, I just get the arrow crabs and let them have a good food source! Thats the only reason I hate them. If they didnt have those arm things I would be completely fine!
I'm totally understanding of people who don't like them because they think they are gross. They definitely aren't the cutest animals. (although some variants are less creepy than others).

That being said, my beef lies mostly with people who claim they eat coral, or fish, or whatever.

Chances are, they either mis-ided them, or the animal it was eating was already dying.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back