Google Map Swine Flu Tracker

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,869
Reaction score
122,484
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks for the heads up rev..on another note YIKES, it's only two cities over from me : (
 
It needs updating. Chicago news people have been bouncing in their seats because we now have some patients in the Chicago area. But they're not showing on the Google map. I'll call an investigative reporter and get him right on that. We can't have this.
Gary
 
I must say I wasnt worried about this, but after watching the link to Dr. Henry interview I am starting to think its worst than I thought.
 
As a GIS person let me give you a glimpse into the earliest version of outbreak mapping.

"In 1854, John Snow depicted a cholera outbreak in London using points to represent the locations of some individual cases, possibly the earliest use of the geographic method.[4] His study of the distribution of cholera led to the source of the disease, a contaminated water pump (the Broad Street Pump, whose handle he disconnected terminating the outbreak) within the heart of the cholera outbreak."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Snow_(physician)

Snow-cholera-map.jpg
 
It's kinda funny how a little 9 yr old boy in ohio has it but no one else around him does. I mean what the heck, here is a little boy that has gone no where and yet out of the thin air has it over 2000 miles from the source. Something sounds fishy about all of this, and yes i'm into conspiracies........
 
Dont know if there is any truth to it or not but heard that more people die from the regular flu each yr than the swine flu will. More less its just something that the media is hyping up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new