Gorgonian ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxngn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

foxngn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, can i know what's the ID of this gorgonian? LFS claimed it was US based gorgonian, photosynthesis kind.

1000055699.jpg

1000061098.jpg
 
Hi all, can i know what's the ID of this gorgonian? LFS claimed it was US based gorgonian, photosynthesis kind.

1000055699.jpg

1000061098.jpg
Im not sure about gorgonian IDs - looks like one of the few photosynthetic gorgs. Here’s the best article I’ve found on IDs of photosynthetics.
PS Gorgonians - Reef Builders

I’d be leaning towards possibly a Muriceopsis or Briareum gorgonian.

#reefs#reefsquadther thoughts or suggestions?
 
Are they the same specimen?

Looks like the one I have had for 15 years.

I believe it’s a

Purple Candelabra​

 
I can't get the correct light. But i guessing both are more accurate, as I pump up the white previously when taking this photo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new