Gorilla Crab?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CastAway
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2013
Messages
4,457
Reaction score
3,108
Location
Knoxville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught him today!
Trying to decide if I should sump it or deep fry it.

Is this a gorilla crab?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1437956091.656489.jpg
 
Yes. Good catch!
 
So, now that he's out, what do they eat? What damage might he have been doing?
 
So, now that he's out, what do they eat? What damage might he have been doing?
They are jerks, get rid of it or sump it. they will kill other crabs and snails
 
Hmmm. All my blue leg hermits are gone, two scarlet hermits, and I'm down to one blue knuckle and one turbo. My Ceriths seem fine though. You think.....
 
Last edited:
I started with eighty pounds or dry pukani. I've bought two tiny pieces of live rock, about the size of a deck of cards, to mount chalices on. That had to be it.

And, I lost a peppermint shrimp, which I didn't mind cause it would rob my acans and other LPS when I fed them of a night. I wonder if this booger didn't get him too.
 
Do you still have the crab. I can put him in with the eel and niger trigger and the chocolate chip star.

Eddie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new